Biomedical Engineering Technology is one of the emerging fields which combines Engineering and technology expertise with the needs of the medical industry for the growth and development of the healthcare sector. It is the unique branch of Engineering Technology in which the concepts, knowledge, expertise, and skills are designated and applied to the field of biology and medicine in order to meet the daily challenges. Pakistan has a growing biomedical industry with the increased development of surgical tools, updates of instrumentation in the hospitals, and spending of large budgets on research & development.
A biomedical technology Graduate is able to:
- Design biomedical equipment and devices, such as artificial internal organs, replacements for body parts, and machines for diagnosing medical problems
- Install, adjust, maintain, repair, or provide technical support for biomedical equipment
- Evaluate the safety, efficiency, and effectiveness of biomedical equipment
- Train clinicians and other personnel on the proper use of biomedical equipment
- Research the engineering aspects of the biological systems of humans and animals with life scientists, chemists, and medical scientists
- Prepare procedures, write technical reports, publish research papers, and make recommendations based on their research findings
- Present research findings to scientists, nonscientist executives, clinicians, hospital management, engineers, other colleagues, and the public
- For bachelor of biomedical engineering FSc. Pre-Engineering or Pre-Medical or equivalent securing at least 50% marks.
- A candidate who has passed the Diploma of Associate Engineer (DAE) securing at least 50% marks.
- A candidate who has passed the ICS securing at least 50% marks.